Friday, June 22, 2012

Tolkien and the Great War

While I hash about a commentary on my last post, I thought this was worth a read.  It's a review by Brian Murphy, over at the Black Gate website, of an interview conducted by Tolkien scholar and author John Garth.  That website is dedicated to all things fantasy literature.  I've mentioned before that I don't have much of a fantasy gene, though I do like Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, and reckon it one of my favorite works of literature.  Yes, literature.  But as much as I like the actual book, I enjoy the entire life's work that went into its writing.  And based on Mr. Murphy's post and subsequent interview, it looks like Garth's book Tolkien and the Great War would be an excellent source for unpacking that fascinating professor whose work still influences millions to this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts