Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The reason I don't put much stock in celebrity moral guidance

Exhibit A.  Carrie Underwood, the young talent who exploded on the international scene via American Idol, and has continued to be a force to be reckoned with, appealing to a wide variety of fans from all over the world, has come out in favor of gay marriage.  That's about predictable.  I doubt there would be anyone in the entertainment industry left who would oppose it.  The rates of homosexuality have long been higher in that particular arts/entertainment quarter of society.  Opposing gay marriage as an entertainer would be like working for a major bank and opposing money.  It just won't fly. 

Given our society's growing impatience for those who don't conform to the dogmas of the Left, and given the risk involved to one's reputation in opposing the dictates of the LGBT movement, and that in an industry where reputation is platinum, I can see why this would be her answer.  Which is why, when it comes to looking for folks to inspire that inner moral compass, the absolute last place I look is the industry that exists to separate me from reality, if not my savings account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts