Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In case we were worried there was nothing to fear...

now that H1N1 has been taken off the pandemic list, fear not my hearties! Scientists have discovered yet a new superbug that is destined to wipe out billions and lay waste to entire civilizations. Yes, there is always a threat, as various pandemics in history have shown. It is a serious thing. But come on. How many years has it been that we've been warned 'this is the big one Elizabeth!'? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me every year for a half-dozen years, shame on me. The biggest problem, as I said the other day, is that this continual crying of wolf is going to cause people to lose interest. Then, when there is a major pandemic on the scene, the necessary warnings will be ignored. And we'll have the priesthood of science, with the town crying media, to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts