Monday, November 13, 2017

Where has Almost Chosen People been my whole life?

So apparently there is a blog out there called Almost Chosen People.  It's musings on all things American.  If I know what I know from Donald McClarey's The American Catholic, it won't be smarmy sentimentality and flag waving.  But if I'm any judge of horse flesh, it won't be the anti-Americanism of the modern Left and its millennial disciples. 

Like any good history, it will look at the pros, the cons, the details and the nitty-gritty, being mindful of where the historical context helps us understand the complexities of the past, if not necessarily absolving those in the past who were clearly wrong.  I suspect neither ageism nor presentism will be there, unlike today where those are the prime directives of all multi-cultural education. 

In other words, it will be worth the read.  I started with the Films Needed for July 4th.  Any time I'm exposed to movies I've never seen, much less never heard of, you have my attention.  I confess I've not seen the series John Adams (2008).  That came out when many such productions were beginning to be thinly veiled propaganda pieces for modern, leftist PC and multi-cultural America/Christian bashing.  Nonetheless, over the years I have heard nothing but praise for the series from almost every quarter.  So I guess that goes on the Christmas list as of now.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. . . you want to blog over at Almost Chosen People? Ask Don! He welcomes new blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll leave that to them and just enjoy the reading. Sometimes it's nice to let someone else do the heavy lifting in an area you nonetheless enjoy.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts