Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Child Molester

This is the film, named simply The Child Molester, and produced in 1964 by The Highway Safety Foundation that has been indelibly linked in my mind with the Sister Janet Mead version of the Lord's Prayer.  IF you watch it, you'll see early 1960s PSA production values, and see how far we've come in our understanding of who we should worry about relative to our children's safety.  Nonetheless, watch it to the end at your own risk.  Even today, now, in the 21st century, after decades of graphic violence, scenes of death on the news, millions of hours of over the top Tarantino inspired blood-gore, those images are disturbing.  It's no wonder this all left a mark in my mind. 

Which makes me wonder, as I am wont to do.  If a single image like this was branded into my mind for all time, such that the tune and image remained even in the face of no evidence to support them, what oh what are the million images we deluge our children with today leaving in their minds?  Sometimes I wonder if we need ask such a thing.  I'm afraid we already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts