Friday, May 6, 2011

Notre Dame drops charges against defenders of Catholic Faith

Hurray!  Another bout of justice in that strange, weird world that is the Catholic Faith.  For 2000 years, the Catholic Church has been a beacon and a shadow at the same time.  It is no different today.  The problems within a Church with over a billion members and a 2000 year accumulation of skeletons has to be legion.  The fact that a 'Catholic' university would ruthlessly pursue individuals who stood up for Catholic teaching regarding the unborn against that university's dismissal of the same, just shows the problems.  But then, as I say, the troubles aren't new.  When someone confronts me about my conversion and asks if I realize how long the scandal has been going on, I reply yeah, I know.  It's been going on for about 2000 years.  Just read the New Testament if you want to see such problems in the Church.  It's what happens when you have the Body of Christ in a fallen world filled with sinners who happen to have been made in the image of God.  Anything can happen, and it always does.  Which is why I try to be gracious toward those other things like America, democracy, and capitalism when it comes to pointing out their flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts