Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's about that time of year again!

The decorations, the trees, the wrapping paper, the mistletoe and holly, the bows and ribbons, the Santas and snowmen - all of this can only mean one thing: Halloween's just around the corner! You know what I would like? I would like it if stores would stop putting seasonal decorations out four months before the given holiday, only to start taking them down more than a month before the day actually arrives. Try to find Halloween decorations now. Of course it was only Christmas decorations being stocked. I'm surprised they aren't making room for Valentines Day.

1 comment:

  1. HOHOHO!!! Oh I mean BOOO! Well it is hard to tell which it is. Never mind Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble!!!

    Ok so I went on a little with that one. Commericalism- it just doesn't stop does it?
    Homemade decorations could be nice. I used to be an elementary teacher and used to decorate with a paper pumpkin patch and scarecrow on the wall.
    I know that was not your point but maybe if we don't give into buying decorations every year we won't have to endure the ever present push push push for buy buy buy earlier and earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts