Monday, July 26, 2010

If, as Oliver Stone says, the first casualty of war is innocence, then the first casualty of modern documentary filmmaking must be perspective

I happened to be up a few nights ago, like I am now, and saw this little talk between director Oliver Stone and Tavis Smiley. Not to be brutal, but because of this attempt by Tavis Smiley to convince the world that Christians are out there just blowing everyone up and killing people everyday, he has already raised the flag of caution in my book. He may well be the PBS answer to Glenn Beck (and worse, because that's my tax money going to Mr. Smiley). So listening to them both gave me a sense that all the extreme stereotypes we hear about so often in our modern ideological debates may actually have a grain of truth. Which might explain the unbelievable things heard in the discussion between Mr. Stone and Mr. Smiley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts