Monday, July 26, 2010

A nod to my saint.

St. Francis. Perhaps no other individual is more responsible for me looking at the Catholic Faith than he is. That's not to slight others who were instrumental in helping me take the plunge. But St. Francis, I must admit, captured my imagination even back when I was in college. Even though my life was centered around me, like any good post-Boomer, and even though I was in an increasingly secular culture, one where the Catholic Church never seemed to be anything but trouble, I couldn't stop reading about St. Francis. I even had a copy of his famous prayer in my office as a pastor. I was often surprised by how many in my churches knew of the prayer and weren't in the least offended (though I had a couple mention it to me over the years).

The picture is of the statue of St. Francis in our parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts