Wednesday, July 7, 2021

An excellent question about Critical Race Theory

During a recent gab session, one of my sons asked a question that sums things up pretty well: How is CRT not racial profiling?  

I'll be darned if I can think of how it isn't.  The entire premise is that you can look at a room full of people, judge their overall life experiences based on skin color, then act accordingly.  

Maybe racial profiling is too narrow as it typically refers to criminal activity, but I see little to suggest it doesn't apply at all. 

2 comments:

  1. The objection to 'racial profiling' is that police officers, who are low status, are making actuarial calculations about black hood rats, who are of higher status.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet, how easily are we able to racially profile police officers? Remember, how is it we knew the killing of George Floyd was racist?

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts