Saturday, July 3, 2021

An area in which President Biden and I would heartily agree

During his trip to Michigan before the real Independence Day holiday, he was asked what brought him to that state up north.  Cherry pie was his answer.  

If anything could get me there, other than visiting my wife's childhood home of Holland, MI, it would be cherry pie.  Or any delicious fruit pie from Michigan's abundant fruit farms.  French Silk pie is a close second for me, but at the head of every list will ever and always be cherry pie.  

4 comments:

  1. Cherry pie is fine, but my favorites would be blackberry cobbler and banana pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackberry pie certainly works. And put anything in front of cobbler and I'm sold. I can't say that I've ever had banana pudding. Banana bread yes. Banana cream pie yes. But not banana pudding. I will need to rectify that.

      Delete
    2. It might be more of a regional favorite, but I think you can still find the recipe on a box of 'Nilla Wafers.

      Delete
    3. http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/desserts/original-nilla-banana-pudding-g.html

      Of course, childhood favorites are the best. I grew up with corned beef that came out of a weird can that opened with a key, and dang it, that's how corned beef is SUPPOSED to be.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts