Thursday, May 22, 2014

Prayer request update

My wife went to the doctor's last night and, in keeping with the typical trend, found out nothing but that it could be really bad, or just bad, or maybe not bad at all, and we'll have to wait to find out.  They did a biopsy (never something you like to hear), and the tests should be back in about a week.  Prayerfully there will be nothing terribly serious there.  Even so, surgery might be needed.  In fact, we've been told it will be needed, the only question is when.  How this will play with her new job, which I was almost ready to sing praises about, I don't know.  Truth be told, I've not had time to post about her new job since upon hearing about it, first my Mom and now my Wife have been hit with a series of health issues that have thrown everything - including homeschool - into the wings.  See my thoughts on how I feel at this point here.

Nonetheless, continued prayers.  Pray that it's not the obviously worse case scenario, pray that surgery will not be needed for a while, pray that  God grant us even a week of peace and happiness.  We won't be able to go through our boys' graduation and confirmation without these things pressing on us.  Sadly, that is no longer an option.  But if, at the end of it all, things might just work out reasonably well, and that we might even squeeze a week without the next round of hits coming at us, at this point after all these years is to us a prayer for a billion dollars and world power.  We'll take it, and appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts