Friday, December 21, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

At least in terms of weather.  October was pretty chilly, but then things got mild in November.  Wet and rainy throughout.  Then came December, with warm temps and dry conditions for the most part.  Well that went out the window.  We just got hit with the snow storm that swept through the Midwest.  Weren't hit as hard as some,  but harder than I think they were predicting.  Anyway, blogging will become lighter and lighter as the days progress.  I will handle fewer deep and serious topics, and focus more on God's direction, the boys, my beautiful wife, and the family. We've been very fortunate, and have been the beneficiaries of some crazy levels of generosity from our families and Catholic brethren and sistren (more on that later).  Enough, at least, to make it a festive Christmas as we anxiously await the coming storm.  Prayers are still requested for gainful employment and that boat I talked about, or the background of these pictures will be a thing of the past.

But for now, when reflecting on that moment of silence for the shooting victims last week, and those precious angels who were taken from us far too soon, and those who died protecting them  - I must admit just having the boys with my wife and me and the family, no matter what, is cause for praise.  So here we are, playing in a winter wonderland, and waiting for the big day that's only just around the corner.  A little indulging in my blessings I know, but it's my blog!

Yes, he's that cute
Talk about seizing every day, he does nothing that's not full throttle
You guessed it, he's talking about Yorick with a snowman's head
I'm not sure, but I think he's having fun
World's cutest - and possibly most tolerant - wife
The boys, the snow, 'nuff said
And after this, I explained to the little one why throwing heavy snowballs at our van was not a good idea
I just liked the picture, what a charismatic young fellow
At some point later in the afternoon, the fireplace and hot chocolate began to beckon
It was time for me to get into the act
And the boys decided the time had come for our annual snowman
Really, it wasn't as urgent as this picture suggests (and yes, I seldom wear anything but loafers)
Ta-da!  Snowman success, complete with strange charcoal outgrowths our youngest insisted were cheeks 

Me and the boys, what else could I possibly complain about

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts