Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hurray Green Bay!

Callooh! Callay!  Glad to see my favorite team for the night - any team that plays the Steelers - prevailed.  In this case, the Green Bay Packers. To quote Wellington, it was a near run thing.  But they pulled it off.  Well done to Mr. Aaron Rodgers, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him.  The commercials seemed a bit brutal this year, with no small amount of innuendo.  A few worth watching*, but the game, thankfully, was the star.  Even the ear-splittingly bad rendition of the National Anthem, and the halftime show, which I'm already seeing may go down as the worst halftime show in football history, didn't overshadow that nail biter of a game.  Kudos to the Steelers for making it a game to remember, though I'm still not sure it will outshine the legendary Dolphins/Chargers match.  Still, it kept us on the edge of our seats.  And to add icing on the cake - Green Bay won! 

*FWIW, my favorites were the truck as Lassie commercial, and the House take of the famous Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts