Saturday, November 6, 2010

Subaru's perfect commercial for parents

Blogging will be light the next few days. I'm continuing to look around at options for the comments boxes, since I've been informed it isn't always that, well, user friendly. In the meantime, I appreciate all the comments that are being given - even if we don't see eye to eye. I sometimes learn best from those with whom I disagree. My only rule: don't insult or attack, otherwise, opinions may be given rather freely. Hopefully I'll be back up in a day or two. Several interesting things worth looking at, like Pope Benedict's increasingly blunt statements, Bill Maher's interesting take on Islamic names, and even some reflections on a movie or two I've seen recently.

Until then, enjoy this little gem. I know, it's a commercial. It's main purpose is to sell stuff. But advertisers, as amoral as they tend to be, can sometimes hit the nail on the head. Picking three perfect actors to pull it off didn't hurt. But there isn't a parent out there who can't identify with this one. I look at this, as I prepare to begin teaching my oldest to drive, and wonder what ever happened to that little tyke in an over sized Santa hat all those Christmases ago. They will always be that child in our eyes. Thus originates the tears of their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts