Sunday, December 24, 2017

One of the best pop culture Christmas tributes

Ever:

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this or not.  I know Watterson is awfully protective of his intellectual property, and rightly so.  Calvin and Hobbes was one of the best comic strips of all time.  This full page pane always struck the right chord, and whisked you back to childhood and all the memories that came with the holiday in America, for good or bad.

It reminds me of a post over at The American Catholic a week or so ago, and one I posted years ago.  My boys often ask me if the culture was still so 'Christmas is good' when I was growing up.  Did it really have Jesus songs as  matter of course, and still talk of Merry Christmas as a given and a general unifier in our country?   Yes, I tell them.  Believe it or not, I'm old enough to remember when Christmas, like so many other things, wasn't a a source of divisions and disunity.

There is, after all, such a thing as happier times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts