Thursday, July 24, 2014

Celebrate!

So it's official.  I have a new position at work.  It is not the promotion that I was hoping for.  And I didn't get the raise I was hoping for.  But in our Catholic convert life, we'll take what table scraps we can get.  The big thing is that the hours snap back to decent.  For the last year and a half, I've worked the death shift.  Where I work, there are over 9000 employees, with parking for about 8000.  Meaning at my distance from work, I have to leave an hour earlier than I normally would if it where some normal workplace.  Then the hours being 10-7, and also weekends, it took me out of all but a couple days a week from being able to do much with the family.

Well as of Monday, that all changes!  M-F, 8-5.  And because it's so early, I'll only have to leave about 35 minutes ahead of time.  Weekends off.  Evenings off.  I can get back to exercising, help more with homeschool, why the possibilities are endless!  My wife is currently at a job that has similar hours, though more money will be needed in the future. Prayerfully her job here will provide her with the funds, or another job with similar hours. In any case, for now at least, one major wrecking ball in our life is about to be eliminated.

Again, as Catholics, we've come to the point of being happy with life, and life to the least of blessings. Even as we discover that a car that was given us through a Catholic parish by some 'generous' parishioners was, in fact, a lemon* (they got the tax write off, we got the shaft), at least this brings some balance back.  So finishing up now in preparation fort he change, and having to do several things at once.  When the dust settles, I'll come back and answer that ancient question:  If CAEI ticks me off so much, why oh why do I keep going back there?  TTFN.

*I figured there was something wrong when they handed the keys over to me and made me sign a statement accepting the car 'as-is' with no complaint.  Not what one usually experiences with a charitable act.  And given that the best estimate we've received is 4000.00 to get it running safe (not counting extras), I can see I was right to be suspicious.  But beggars as they say.

2 comments:

  1. Grats man! =) No doubt your boys have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are excited. As one said, "we have our Dad back!"

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts