Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sexual Orientation and some other diversity

OK, I'll stop in a minute.  I said there would be light blogging, but when I sit down to write one post, I'll often see a couple other stories that leap out at me.  In this case, I thought I would check on my OSU Alumni page and see if there is anything in the news about any tickets for the 2011 football season.  Either tickets will be sold out because everyone is dying to see what happens, or there will be truckloads available.  So I go to the site to see that there is no news yet.  OK.  Then a link catches my eye: Diversity.

Diversity.  That's one of those words today that doesn't mean what you probably think it means.  Growing up, that meant a society that embraced live and let live, agreed to agree to disagree, and believed there was no real absolute moral truth anyway, so you certainly couldn't legislate it.  Well today, it mostly means celebration of non-heterosexual lifestyles.  And Voila!  I click on the link and this is what I see:
The Office of Equity and Diversity provides leadership, oversight, and an infrastructure for the College of Education and Human Ecology's initiatives. The key objective is to help the various units of the college diversity, our student body, faculty, staff, and programs to foster a climate that recognized and celebrates cultural, ethnic, socio-economic, linguistic, socio-linguistic, sexual orientation, and other diversity.
You see that?  Foster a climate that recognized and celebrates (I'll assume they mean recognizes) ethnic and cultural, socio-linguistic(?), and sexual orientation.  Oh, and some other diversity, too.  I assume that's where religion fits in.  That just made me laugh out loud.  Sex,drugs and bathroom humor are the only thing the Left really has to sell.  The censorship, elitism, thought control, and government acquisition of our daily lives doesn't go down too well without the promise of orgasms and endless partying. 

So homosexuality - the linchpin in any sexually permissive society - continues to be the one single issue that matters.  Vague cultural and social issue? Sure.  Ethnic?  Of course.  Some other forms of diversity?  Yeah, to a point.  But there's Sexual Orientation above all!  When billions flounder, millions die, war and genocide and poverty and natural disasters and the end of Western Civilization all lurk on the horizon and in the daily headlines of out age, we make sure the really important issue is handled properly.  Sigh.  I can't imagine just how stupid this period of time is going to look to people a thousand years from now, but I can guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts