Monday, May 11, 2020

A happy Mother's Day


To my long-suffering Mom.  A Mom in the classic sense who would rush into a burning building for her kids, I couldn't have asked for more.  Was she perfect?  Hardly.  I can't expect from others what I can't deliver myself.  But she, like my Dad, did what they did with us in mind, for what they believed was the best for us.

I know.  Roads and good intentions.  But we shouldn't downplay good intentions too much.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to do good for the right reasons.  In fact, I can't help but feel we'd be a better world if more people erred on the side of good intentions than what we have today. 

But Mom was there for us.  She came home and took care of my sister and me, being there for us, cooking us home cooked meals, always there when we needed her.  That comfort and security is beyond price.  And she loved us and did her best for us.  If nothing else makes her a saint in our eyes, I would say that's more than enough. So thanks Mom!  We couldn't have made it this far without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts