Thursday, September 6, 2018

How the left defines niceness

At some place called Market Watch.  Perhaps it isn't a leftwing source, I don't know.  I've never heard of it.  I just had to chuckle when it came across my desk.  I have a gut feeling, though, that the author isn't exactly hostile toward a progressive POV.  The whole point is 'Labor Day weekend shows America is getting nice.'

How did it show this?  Because liberal views and ideals and individuals were promoted, and those who aren't liberal were trashed, hashed, banned and in other ways shown the door.

It's the 'of course liberals, duh' attitude that drove many a voter into the arms of Donald Trump in 2016.  It appears those clever liberals haven't figured it out yet.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's interesting. In that link in the bit talking about the former Cosby star it links to the dailymail when it talks about "a snarky article." Now the dailymail is a part of that "burn it all down" segment we talked about earlier so I'm definitely not defending it. But now I'm wondering if the whole previous bruhaha were people confusing fox news with the dailymail. Because the former reported on it in a straightforward, non snarky way, the latter is the disgrace. I followed another link to a CNN story, and that one admits at the top that dailymail started the meme, but most of the tweets shown are of the foxnews report.

    This whole thing reminds me of target blurring and a sign of why we try to avoid mob justice and rule. What annoys me is that the left seems to employ this regularly, using one legitimate point to try and convict their real target in the same general zip code. Once you start looking for it, you'll see it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. FOX did cover it, or the segment I saw. No, they weren't trashing him or anything, but there was no other earthly reason I could see for them covering it than to say 'see! Former Cosby hotshot (even if he was a minor character) is working the 9 to 5'. Given past FOX jabs at similar things, I had a hard time finding any other reason they'd even mention it. Even if it was started by someone else.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts